Want to submit an article to Toyota Trails? It’s not as difficult as you might think. Just follow these general guidelines and your submission will be considered for publication in the magazine.
Submissions should be exclusive to Toyota Trails. No previous posts on the Internet, with the exception of photos hosted locally at your personal or club web page. Submissions should not have been previously published in English language magazines. We want Toyota Trails content to be fresh and exciting for TLCA members.
Content should be focused on but does not need to exclusively focus on Toyota four-wheel drive vehicles (that is, a Toyota four-wheel drive with a transfer case—not just Land Cruisers).
- Send all written submissions electronically on a Word document. (Google Docs and PDF docs are also accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check for basic grammar and spelling errors prior to submitting your work.
- Include photos in their original size without watermarks or excessive editing.
- Photos should primarily feature Toyota vehicles.
- Include a separate document with photo credit and captions for all photos. Please do not include captions and photo credit in the body of an email or as the image title.
- Include the author’s name and a basic title. The editor will create a title if need be.
- Include a 100-150 word count bio written in third person and bio photo for the Contributing Author page. Writing in third person is writing from the third person point of view and uses pronouns like he, she, it, or they.
- Word count should be 2,500 words or less. Please contact the editor at email@example.com for any submissions over 3,000 words. 1,800 – 2,200 words is perfect for Toyota Trails.
Editorial submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photo submissions should be high-resolution digital files (JPEG, TIF or RAW).
Digital photos may be sent via email to email@example.com but please contact the editor to work out the details before submitting. For large file batches, we have an FTP site where the photos can be uploaded. Generally, we’re looking to receive 15-20 of your best photos, not every photo you took. Again, email the editor or call to discuss in advance.
All submissions to Toyota Trails may be published by TLCA in different media. TLCA holds copyright over some material published in Toyota Trails, on the web and in promotional materials manufactured by the TLCA.
All material published in Toyota Trails is protected by copyright. No material can be used or reproduced without express permission of the Publisher.
The editorial deadlines are as follows.
- January/February issue, due November 15
- March/April issue, due January 15
- May/June issue, due March 15
- July/August issue, due May 15
- September/October issue, due July 15
- November/December issue, due September 15
Never been published before? Don’t be intimidated. We’re here to help you get your story out to your fellow TLCA members. For further information, please contact Stan Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to publishing your story!