[LCML] Need Parts list for knuckle service on my 79 Toy 4x4 PU

Landcruiser Specialties sales at landcruiserspecialties.com
Wed Aug 24 17:55:37 CDT 2011

Wheel play can be a couple different things. Up & down is worn or loose wheel bearings. Side to side is knuckle bearings or steering components. You can't really tell if a knuckle bearing is bad until you remove the TRE's from the steering arms and move the knuckles back & forth feeling for loosness and/or binding (worn spots in the races), or completely disassembling & inspecting.

Thank you,
Tim
Landcruiser Specialties
15055 S. Loder Rd. A2
Oregon City, OR. USA. 97045
(503) 518-1656
www.landcruiserspecialties.com

  When you have the wheel off the ground, is there any play in the
  wheel? You could have some worn trunion bearings (the knuckle pivots
  on these) and could produce some camber and tire wear.

  If there is no play, then it could be a bent housing.

  Hope you get it figured out!

  Kevin