[LCML] Bulkhead mods for later master cylinder

Mark E Whatley cruiser at mtaonline.net
Tue Aug 17 15:23:29 CDT 2010

Zaphod Beeblebrox, Esq. wrote:

> Thanks Charla, but I don't have the luxury of a spare bulkhead of any
> vintage. Any other ideas on what to spindle, fold or mutilate to fit this?
>
> ------------------------------

 Didn't the thread start with you asking about the firewall swap? Can't
swap firewalls without... well... firewalls to swap.   ;)

 Anyway, this really is the cleanest way I have found to make power
assist disc brake systems work in earlier Cruisers. But, again... a '74
would have had power drums right from the factory and the firewall is
the same as the later disc brake models, so fitting it all together is
not an issue like it is with the earlier rigs.

 You should be able to easily find a hulk to scavenge the firewall from
if you need one. The firewall/cowling is the last piece to get damaged
or to rust as these rigs die or melt away. It has zero value to most
people and you can usually have it for hauling it away.

Mark...